The unimaginable majesty of the Arctic, a vast ice-encrusted ocean ringed by islands, casts a spell on all who visit. Many of our clients are drawn back time after time to visit different areas. We offer a variety of voyages, some geared towards active exploration with walking, kayaking or skiing, others for those who want a more leisurely pace in comfortable vessels. Whichever you choose, the memories of this dramatic wilderness will stay with you always.
Our voyages to the Arctic include Arctic Norway where several itineraries are based around Spitsbergen (Svalbard), East Greenland, Iceland, the Scottish Islands, the Russian Far East, the Canadian Arctic and the High Arctic.
The descriptions in the following itineraries are a guideline only, since the routes taken and the landings made will be dependent on ice and weather conditions. We are happy to supply you with more detailed descriptions, day-by-day itineraries and reports of similar voyages in previous years on request.
Where activities are available on certain voyages they are shown here. These are optional, for which a supplement is usually payable.
What’s new and what’s happening in 2023 and 2024
Many voyages are subject to early booking offers and increases in global fuel prices which vary from ship to ship, are time sensitive and can change without warning. Brochure prices may therefore be different from those on the website. Rest assured we will always offer you the best price available at the time of your enquiry. Please contact us to find out more.
- Visit Canada’s remote Arctic with Ultramarine in August 2023 and 2024. This rare itinerary is intent on visiting Ellesmere and Axel Heiberg Islands and onboard helicopters will aim to fly you up to explore the Devon Ice Cap.
- Ocean Endeavour explores remote Scotland on her Scotland Slowly voyages from Glasgow to Aberdeen in June 2023
- Witness the 2023 summer solstice on Hondius with her East Spitsbergen and Summer Solstice voyage in June 2023
- Greg Mortimer’s exciting new Northern Lights Explorer voyage sails from Kirkenes to Bergen via Iceland, Greenland and Jan Mayen in September 2023 and similarly in 2024, but with an Icelandic disembarkation.
- SH Vega’s unusual voyage routes Portsmouth to Dublin via Stornaway in April 2024.
- Sylvia Earle circumnavigates Iceland in May 2024
- Plancius goes birding in Fair Isle, Jan Mayen, Spitsbergen – May 2024
- Sea Spirit‘s British Isles voyage from Portsmouth to Edinburgh is back by popular demand in May 2024.
- Ortelius has an extended North and East Spitsbergen and Bear Island voyage in June/July 2024
- Sylvia Earle travels right around the southern coast of Greenland on her Greenland Odyssey voyage in July 2024.
- Ultramarine has heli-flightseeing on her new Gems of West Greenland voyages in July 2024.
- Venture to the North Pole on new luxury hybrid icebreaker Le Commandant Charcot.
- For the trip of a lifetime try Sylvia Earle‘s 31 day Complete Northwest Passage from Kangerlussuaq to Nome in August 2024
The British Isles
The Faroe Islands
“As we slid into Hornsund, a glorious deep fjord, the reflections of the majestic snow peaks glimmered on the icy waters and the only sound was the mewing of kittiwakes and the crunching of keel against iceberg… Later we made an unforgettable shore landing and strolled among glorious purple saxifrage, orange lichen and boulder-strewn mossy turf to explore the bird cliffs, frenetic with noise. Our ship had a ghostly aura as she lay quietly in the bay, snow, blue sky and thin layers of drifting mist all around”.
Fiona’s travel tips
FOR THE ACTIVE: pick the hiking-focused voyages- you can do some great walks of 6-7 hours on selected days.
TOP TIP: Book a Scotland to Spitsbergen voyage and then the consecutive North Spitsbergen one. It’s fun to leave the UK by ship and you will get a discount off the second voyage.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE: When not tundra hiking, standing on the foredeck watching for whales.
Receive our E-News
Fill in your details to subscribe to our regular Dispatches E-newsletter
SIGN UP FOR E-NEWS
View a PDF or order a copy of our Brochure
VIEW OR ORDER BROCHURE HERE